Explore everything about Gosund Smart Plug, Review, Gosund Smart Plug Setup, App, Manual, Instructions and Reset. The Wirecutter, Tom’s Guide and PCMag, we also researched them to review this Smart Plug completely so that every person who googles about Gosund Smart Plug on Google can easily find all the necessary information about this Smart Plug in just one article.
Voice commands to control: Gosund smart Plug that work with Alexa and Google Home Assistant.
To control your home device with smart outlet via Alexa or Google Home Assistant, just give a simple voice command.
No hub is required to install WiFi plug. The Gosund Alexa outlet plug works with a stable 2.4GHz network.
School & Timer: By setting the schedule and timer for your home’s smart wifi electronic plugs, you can prepare a crock pot meal and a ready-made home with dinner.
Get ready to build a smart home and create a customized schedule to automatically turn on / off any home electronics like lamps, Christmas lights, coffee makers, etc.
Please note that the Alexa Outlet plug is not suitable for applications with more than 10A, 1200 W (ex: air conditioner, microwave oven, induction cooker, etc.)
Remove control from anywhere: Gosund Google Smart Plug can help you control your home appliances from anywhere. Even if you are not at home, you can control your Alexa WiFi outlet directly through the Gosund app.
Unless your phone has access to a secure 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network. Ideal for people who can’t move very well and need easy access to turn the device on / off.
Sharing is Caring of course!
Create and share groups in families: Define a group for all Google Home outlets and control them with one command.
Share with all family members within a minute that your WiFi plugs work with Alexa. And no worries, everyone can easily control them.
Easy to install and keep safe: Simply plug a device into a WiFi smart outlet and connect to a secure 2.4GHz network with your “Gosund” app.
The smart plug uses high-quality materials and technologies such as pure copper connectors , V-0 flame-retardant thermoplastics and advanced PCBA boards.
This can avoid the risk of fire and provide overload protection to ensure the safety of family members. And ETL certification ensures complete protection.
Gosund Smart Plug is easy to set up and used to control different devices in your home. Once you buy your Gosund Smart Plug, whether you use Alexa or any other smart hub, the setup is easy and fast. If you are looking for a recommendation to buy a Gosund plug, this would be our choice.
- At the very beginning, please make sure your wireless router is up and running.
- Your next step would be to plug your Gosund Smart Plug into your wall.
- Then you need to download and simply install the “go smart app” from Apple App Store or Google Play Store according to your device.
- Open the Gosund app and login (but if you are new, simply register).
- Select the “+” to add your new device on app home screen.
- At this stage, you need to Select “electrical” and then “socket”.
- On your smart plug, please confirm indicator light is rapidly blinking.
- Enter Wi-Fi password and hit confirm.
- You will be taken back to the home screen once successfully connected.
You can now see your new plug and very easily adjust schedules, settings etc. as desired from the home screen.
Find Gosund Smart Plug App in Google Play Store – Click Here
- Easily create smart lifes in the clouds.
- Remote control of household appliances, power saving, peace of mind, whenever you are happy to do so.
- Anytime you can simultaneously add multiple applications, one application controls all smart devices.
- You will get support for voice control smart devices like Google Home and Amazon Echo.
- Automatically your smart devices will run based on intelligent connections, your location temperature, time and location.
- The whole family can easily enjoy smart life with one-click sharing device for family and friends.
- A very well management of receiving notifications to get real-time information on your home.
- Hey! no need to wait, just connect to network quickly, enjoy speed experience.
Control Smart Devices
1. What you need to get started
Make sure you meet the following conditions before using Echo to control your smart devices.
Amazon is a static Wi-Fi network that can access Amazon servers. (For mainland China users)
Echo is an echo device with Echo, Echo tap or Echo dot.
- An Amazon account.
- Smart Life application and related accounts.
- Smart device.
2. Add devices to the Smart Life app
If you have already added some devices to your Smart Life account and the names of the devices are easily recognized during this time, you can skip this part.
2.1 Download the Smart Life app
New Added: 15A,
You can search “Smart Life” in both the Google Play or App Store to install the app.
2.2 Register a Smart Life account and sign in to the app. Open the Smart Life app, tap “Register” to register an account, then sign in to the app.
2.3 Add a device and rename the device
Sign in with a Smart Life account, add the device, then change the device’s name to a recognized word or phrase like “bedroom light”.
3. Set up Amazon Echo and enable smart life skills
Since the Alexa application is not available here, we recommend using the web for configuration in mainland China.
3.1 Set up Echo with Alexa application
If your Echo is already set up, you can skip this part.
- Make sure your Echo device is strong.
- Open the Alexa application by tapping the application icon on your mobile device.
- Type your Amazon account and password, then tap “Sign in”.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner, select “Settings”, then tap “Set up a new device”.
- Select your Echo model, choose a suitable language, then tap “Connect to WI-FI”.
- Press the dot button at the top of your Echo device until an orange light appears, then tap “Continue”. If your phone is connected to Echo, tap “Continue”.
Learn how to connect a smart plug with your Alexa Device:
You can ask Alexa to control your non-smart apps by connecting your smart plug-in to Amazon Echo. Follow the steps below to attach the Smart Plug to Alexa:
Note: This guide was created for Gosund Smart Sockets. The instructions may vary depending on your device, but they should be almost identical.
Plug your smart plug into an outlet.
Download the app that runs with your Smart Plug app. You can search for the appropriate app in the App Store or Google Play Store by searching for the name of your smart plug device or manufacturer.
Set up your smart plug in app.
Most applications will ask you to create an account with a username and password (write down this password, you’ll need it later). Then locate your device in the app and follow the instructions to set it up.
It usually insists on your smart plug until a physical button starts flashing. The device can then be discovered by the app during the setup process.
If you want to control it with voice commands or create a routine through the Alexa app after you set up your smart plugin in the app, you need to set up with Alexa.
Launch the Alexa application.
Tap the menu in the Alexa application. This is an icon that looks like three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
Choose skills and games.
Tap on the magnifying glass to search for your smart plug skills. You can search for your device name or company name.
Once you’ve found the right skill, tap Enable.
Continue to follow the instructions to set up your smart plug.
To enable your Smart Plug app, you may need to take additional steps. And to connect your Alexa to the smart plug, please follow the instructions.
In most cases, you will be asked to efficiently link the account created in the app to Alexa (this is the password that came before) hand then your Alexa will have to discover the device.
Setup will end when you see the smart plugin “set up and ready” in your Alexa application
Once your smart plugin is paired with the Amazon Echo, it will be smoother to spend the day and even handle “dumb” electronics.
Gosund Smart Plug is compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant. As such, you can also control your smart plugins via any Alexa or Google Home device. You can set up both Alexa and Google Home compatibility simultaneously and control your devices using two of them.
Search Smart Life on iOS or Android and install it on your phone. It is compatible with iOS 8.0 and above and Android 4.4 and later.
To create an account using your email address or mobile number, tap ‘Register’.
Make sure your Gosund Smart Plug is in the AC outlet and the blue light is on.
Tap the ‘+’ icon or the ‘Add Device’ option.
You now have two options for adding your Gosund Smart Plug. You can search for Gosund Smart Plug from the ‘Add Manually’ option or you can do ‘Auto Scan’. If you tap ‘Auto Scan’, the smartphone app will automatically scan for all Gosund smart plugs in the area.
Remember to connect your smart plug to a network with 2.4GHz.
On the Home screen, you will now see a list of all your Gosund Smart Plugs and their status. You can turn the switch on or off, depending on whether you want to turn on the connected device.
To access their settings, you can also tap on individual plugs.
You can custom name each smart plug by clicking on the pencil icon above.
Once you go to their settings, you can set the timer and schedule for when Gosund Smart Plugs should be turned on or off.
The ‘Smart View’ tab lets you configure several smart plug-ins as a single unit. For example, you can combine smart plugs in your kitchen as a single ‘scene’, allowing you to control them all with a single tap.
With the ‘Automation’ tab you can set up automation based on temperature, humidity, sunrise and sunset, weather and various other conditions.
- First you need to unplug the Gosund Smart Plug.
- In the second step, press the power button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Then, plug it into the power outlet again and release the power button.
- Finally, your factory will be reset when the LED indicator hardens.
- 50+ Most Useful Kitchen Gadgets for Complete Kitchen Needs
- Zapable the Best Mobile App Builder But is It Worth Buying?
- The Smart Watch for Men to Buy – suinsist AK26 Smart Watch
- New Speks Geode Magnetic Fidget Sphere Fun Desk Toy for Adults
- New Brilliant Smart Home Control Reviewed By Toms Guide & Techhive
- Best 3D Lamp for Kids with Hologram Illusion Controller Night Light Functionality
Special Attention!N.B. Gadgets ratings are given by our team according to some factors like affordability, usefulness, customer’s satisfactions etc. and we use affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn a little commission from qualifying purchases from Amazon which inspires us to make more useful contents for our readers.